Thursday, September 19, 2013

25 team building questions


Apparently, the handful of quiz questions below are good for 'team building.'

So for the purposes of team building across the internet, I thought I'd actually answer them for you. Or whoever.

[Tumbleweed]

1.  At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?

Mulberry. Not even a question. I can  envisage the whole scene, from which bags I'd select, to the smell of the leather, to how I'd puke with excitement. The whole thing.

2.    Which storybook/cartoon character turns you on the most?

He Man. Sitting up there in Castle Greyskull with his plastic abs and titanium speedo.

3.   What was your favorite TV show when growing up?

Loved Murder She Wrote. I'd write down the synopses as the programme would go on and try and solve who the murderer was before the final ad break. (There was no PVR in the 90s).

4.   Choose a movie title for the story of your life.

Mushy Peas On Toast. Anything else would sound contrived or give the game away.

5.    What was your favorite toy as a kid?

My dolls house. I loved that thing so hard. I'd redecorate and integrate it with other toys, like my cars. (I loved cars too - like a boy loved cars. Pushed them around the garden all the time.)

6.    How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

Ooh ooh! I have a pair of pre-1985 vintage cream boots from Eastern Berlin. They danced to Abba. After The Wall was torn down, obviously. Got them in a vintage store there, and while I don't wear them [much], they're my treasure.

7.    Can you play any instruments?

Actually yes! (The recorder doesn't count), so I'll flog the other: I can play Grade 7 piano. Or I did. It's been a good few years since I've tinkered. Breaks my heart. I just want a place big enough in London to accomodate a paino.

8.    What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator?

Tend to find old things in there all the time. Especially at the back when I poke around. It'll be a jar of something, like Branston Pickle, olive tapenade or jam.

9.    What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?

Download deliberately unacceptably bad music on iTunes and redo my playlists?

10.  What is your favorite cereal?

Dorset Cereals Honey Granola Crunch. Discovered it on a shopping trip to Waitrose and my thighs haven't looked back.

11.  What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?

There is so much I wish I could've re-gifted, but I get too impatient and just give it to charity.  A few items that spring to mind are a pearlescent photo frame (no no no), handbags, that really 'crafty' type jewellery. 

12.  What was the worst punishment you received at school?

I got suspended for two weeks, for bunking out of boarding school over a weekend to go partying and meet up with my boyfriend. I was nearly expelled, so it was a 'bad' punishment' but it wasn't totally terrible.

Excruciating punishment at boarding school was Running Early Rising. Where you had to get up at like 3am, while some prefect barked orders to you for an hour. ("Drop and give me twenty bitch," to "run around the field 8000 times, no stopping.") I got this every week for talking in chapel, something I couldn't ever refrain from not doing.


13.  What's the strangest talent you have?

I can't do any rad party tricks like bend my thumbs backwards or make my boobs twerk. I can't roll my tongue funny or balance glasses on my head.

All I can do that's vaguely unique is a really cool Charleston at weddings. Yup. That's it.

14.  What was your childhood nickname?

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry.

Even one of my teacher's called me that.

[Sigh.]

15.  Do you have any strange phobias?

I can't touch egg boxes or those multi cup holder things you get at a Drive-Thru. The texture makes me crazy and I froth at the mouth.

16.  What's your favorite flavor of Pringles?

Original. Pure simplicity at its best.

17.  Have you ever had a poem or a song written about you?

No dude. Nothing that's actually made its way to a recording studio. 
 
18.  Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?

Over. Oh my God the other way would not work at all.

19.  What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?

It's not closet. Phil Collins.

20.  When did you accept a dare that you later regretted?

One I did with the Brit on honeymoon. I don't actually regret it, but it did cost me  a hefty £300.

21.  What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common?

None have been blonde (even if they started out blonde as a child).

22.  Where and when did you have your first kiss?

Oh my first graunch? Was staying at a friend's house near Durban on school holidays when I was 13 or 14, and met these two brothers on the beach. It happened at a braai of some description.

23.  What are three things still left on your bucket list?

Go to Ukraine. Be a [good] mum someday. Crack my latest personal project (by 'crack' I mean, make a good proportion of people in the world aware of it eventually).

24.  If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?

I used to say Foresight. It meant no more bad choices. But then realised life would be exceptionally dull.
No. What I'd want is the ability to shrink really really small, to the size of an ant when I needed to. That would mean I could go under doors, through keyholes, or hide whenever I needed to. I could stowaway on planes, rob banks, listen in on conversations, potentially shoplift, if, say, Mulberry bags shrunk down to size with me.


25.  What is the worst pet you have ever had?

Shame, it's not really their fault. I & J my two gold fish. Who died.

How about you?

3 comments:

Chantelle said...

He-Man is pretty hot and he rides a tiger... no contest!

Peas on Toast said...

Agreed! x

Anonymous said...

Hilarious animated gif, hope she didn't get hurt? Very useful info, I went on a team building london day with Espionage Missions, Recommended